Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Wish for the World

I was at a dinner party the other night and I met someone that has never heard of, nor has never been to a Whole Foods Market. We were jokingly, discussing that given all the preservatives most of us have consumed in life, when we die, our bodies will lay, untouched by decay for an inordinate amount of time. And when we finally do decay, our silicone implants and extra, shiny, white teeth will still be in tact.

I know living a healthy lifestyle doesn't depend on buying your groceries at Whole Foods, but for me, it sure has made it a lot easier. Having been a label reader for decades now, I find comfort shopping at a store I can trust. Although they don't only carry organic products, all foods sold there are natural and have the highest quality. I don't mean to sound like a spokes person for this mega, niche conglomerate (says the Whole Foods slut), and I am well aware of the bad rap they've received in the past. Whatever-r-r, that's business for you. (No offense to the little guys.) However, I'm all for anything that helps people stay aware and responsible for their own health.

The truth of the matter is, there are still far too many people in the world that are oblivious to the consequences of ingesting the toxins that are slowly poisoning their bodies. I know and understand that those chemicals were first added to increase production and feed more people, not to mention make the food industries rich. We were all unaware of the effects pesticides and hormones (click on this one!) were going to have on us, and on the earth, but times have changed. A new day has dawned. Give up the McDonalds fast food chains and the processed foods. There ain't nothing healthy about that!

If everyone shops for only natural & organic whole foods not only will we live healthier, but the food production industries will have to cave. (What can I say, I'm an idealist.) Happily, I have been noticing conventional markets with a growing organic food section. This will make it easier for people to make the right choice.

So as this year comes to a close, my wish for the world is for all people to make choices with eyes wide open, for themselves and for their families.

From my Whole Foods to yours, have a happy and healthy holiday!

No comments: